Usernames and passwords for subscription databases and e-books are located under the Contents section of the Edline homepage.
Topics & Questions
Periods 1, 2, 3, and 6
Racism: How has American society and its criminal justice system reinstated Jim Crow laws?
Gender Roles: To what degree have expectations for women changed over the past 100 years?
Poverty/The Great Depression: To what extent are the attitudes of people in power responsible for stereotyping the poor? (gentrification)
Mental Health: How have awareness and mental health resources improved the lifestyle of mental ill American over the past 100 years?
Social Class: Why can one community have different social classes? (for example: by skin color, language, or education)
War and its impact on society and the individual (war mentality):
Tertiary sources provide an overview and summary of a topic (encyclopedia, textbook, dictionary, and fact books are examples of tertiary sources).
ProQuest Subscription Databases
Free Online Resources
Take a moment to read the 'About Us' information.
- Who is providing the information?
- Where did the author find his/her facts, data, information?
- What is the purpose of the site?
- When was the site last updated?
- What is the possible bias?
- Locate and search appropriate resources
- Vary search terms (don't use the same search terms over and over again)
- Think of synonyms
- Use Boolean searching
- Use "quotation marks" to search for exact phrases
Record Bibliographic Information
Don't forget to record the following for each source you use:
- Title of article, chapter, film, webpage
- Page number
- Name of magazine, newspaper, journal, book, website
- Publication date
- Name of subscription database (if used)
- Format (web, print)
- Date of access (if found online)