Usernames and passwords are available in the Library Media Center.
OR...join the Library Media Center Google Classroom (code available in the Library Media Center).
Topics & Questions
Periods 1, 2, 3, and 6
Racism: How has American society and its criminal justice system reinstated Jim Crow laws?
Gender Roles: To what degree have expectations for women changed over the past 100 years?
Poverty/The Great Depression: To what extent are the attitudes of people in power responsible for stereotyping the poor? (gentrification)
Mental Health: How have awareness and mental health resources improved the lifestyle of mental ill American over the past 100 years?
Social Class: Why can one community have different social classes? (for example: by skin color, language, or education)
War and its impact on society and the individual (war mentality):
*Development of War Technology
Primary sources are original documents and objects (interviews, diaries, photographs, letters, speeches, recordings, and more).
Facts on File Subscription Database
Make sure to ONLY use PRIMARY SOURCES from the database.
Gale Subscription Databases
Make sure to ONLY use PRIMARY SOURCES from the databases.
ProQuest Subscription Database
Free Online Resources
Take a moment to read the 'About Us' information.
- Who is providing the information?
- Where did the author find his/her facts, data, information?
- What is the purpose of the site?
- When was the site last updated?
- What is the possible bias?
Britannica ImageQuest (Photographs)
DE Streaming (Videos)
- Locate and search appropriate resources
- Vary search terms (don't use the same search terms over and over again)
- Think of synonyms
- Use Boolean searching
- Use "quotation marks" to search for exact phrases
Add the following keywords to your search:
Record Bibliographic Information
Don't forget to record the following for each source you use:
- Title of article, chapter, film, webpage
- Page number
- Name of magazine, newspaper, journal, book, website
- Publication date
- Name of subscription database (if used)
- Format (web, print)
- Date of access (if found online)