Usernames and passwords for subscription databases and e-books are located under the Contents section of the Edline homepage.
Topics & Questions
Periods 1, 2, 3, and 6
Racism: How has American society and its criminal justice system reinstated Jim Crow laws?
Gender Roles: To what degree have expectations for women changed over the past 100 years?
Poverty/The Great Depression: To what extent are the attitudes of people in power responsible for stereotyping the poor? (gentrification)
Mental Health: How have awareness and mental health resources improved the lifestyle of mental ill American over the past 100 years?
Social Class: Why can one community have different social classes? (for example: by skin color, language, or education)
War and its impact on society and the individual (war mentality):
*Development of War Technology
Secondary sources analyze primary sources (commentaries, criticism, magazine & newspaper articles, and more). Secondary sources often quote or paraphrase primary sources.
Facts on File Subscription Database
Make sure to ONLY use SECONDARY SOURCES from the database.
Gale Subscription Databases
Make sure to ONLY use SECONDARY SOURCES from the databases.
ProQuest Subscription Database
Free Online Resources
Take a moment to read the 'About Us' information.
- Who is providing the information?
- Where did the author find his/her facts, data, information?
- What is the purpose of the site?
- When was the site last updated?
- What is the possible bias?
Springbrook HS E-books
- Locate and search appropriate resources
- Vary search terms (don't use the same search terms over and over again)
- Think of synonyms
- Use Boolean searching
- Use "quotation marks" to search for exact phrases
Record Bibliographic Information
Don't forget to record the following for each source you use:
- Title of article, chapter, film, webpage
- Page number
- Name of magazine, newspaper, journal, book, website
- Publication date
- Name of subscription database (if used)
- Format (web, print)
- Date of access (if found online)